Equine Unlimited's Youth Camp is geared for children age 7 and older. Each five day session gives horse loving boys and girls a chance to spend plenty of time with these wonderful animals. Campers are divided into teams and rotate between riding, and hands-on activities. The campers will learn to safely groom, tack up and care for the horse or pony assigned to them. The riding portion starts with the basics and then each child will progress at their own pace. After lunch, we offer swimming, crafts, and additional time with the horses. We always stress safety, good horsemanship, and fun.
Day Camp Includes:
- Daily riding lessons
- Horse safety & care
- Tack & Equipment care
- Grooming & haltering
- Saddling and bridling
- Equine veterinary medicine
- Shoeing and hoof care
- Craft projects
- Swimming in the afternoon
- Continental breakfast, snack, drinks and lunch*
- Helmets are provided
What to bring:
- Jeans are required
- Boots are required!! This is a safety issue, as we don't want your child's foot to slip through the stirrup. You don't need to buy expensive equestrian boots - Most boots work well, as long as they go above the ankle and have a small heel. Please no high-heeled boots or athletic shoes.
- Please bring a sports bottle with your name on it. We encourage campers to drink a lot of water when it's warm.
- Swim Suit (Swim suits can be worn underneath riding clothes) - Summer Camp Only
- A towel is needed for swimming and to sit on during lunch (we eat lunch on the lawn) - Summer Camp Only
- Sunscreen, a hat and a pair of sunglasses are always a good idea
- Shorts may be worn in the afternoon (Campers CANNOT ride in shorts)
- Each session runs Monday through Friday
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm (aftercare is available until 6:00 pm for an additional fee of $10.00/hour)
- Children ages 7 and older
- $400.00 per session
*If your child has special dietary needs, you're welcome to send a special lunch and/or snacks with him/her each day.